Any1 Work Out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FLIP., Aug 3, 2005.

1. Common

Common Well-Known Member

hey nicholas ur gf is nothing to brag about and ur being kinda cocky saying u wish u got a gf like mine, btw she has lots of moles on her face

btw if i start working out(im 14) now would that stunt my growth?

2. Aquafina

Aquafina New Member

During school, I work out everyday afterschool that I can. Sometimes I work out with someone, sometimes I just ask some random person to spot me.

My school is very limited however (in a weight-room fundraiser, we raised like over $60,000, yet most of it just miraculously disappeared?), so I don't do much.

I couldn't really tell you what I do, since I can never remember all the names, but I do chest one day, arms another, and legs the third day, in a rotation like that.

For those of you that say you do the same thing every day, you shouldn't, its not as good as doing things in rotation (stuff like jogging is, but curling and what not every day isn't). You build muscle by tearing muscle and letting it heal. By doing the same thing everyday, you don't let it heal.

For the summer, I signed up at a gym, but I don't really go up much. I was working full time for the first half of the summer, and after that it's like over a mile away, but I can't drive and my bike is a piece of crap (I just cut the back brake line because the brakes kept sticking to the tire making it so much easier to ride), so yea... I just swim a lot.

I do drink a lot of water though... 5 - 6 16.9 ounce bottles per day. We buy 30 packs for 4 bucks at Lowes lol.

Edit: After all that crap I neglected to mention what I do lol:

Chest:
    Bench press
    Military press
    Inclined press
    Standing up curling
    Standing up curling with a 2-hand bar
    Some other stuff

Arms:
    Curling over a bench (sit down, lay arms angled down on a pad, curl)
    Push-ups
    Lots of crap I dunno what its called involving the lifting of weights ^_^

Legs:
    Pretty much everything there is to do with legs machine-wise
    Jog (barely)
    Walk (a lot more than jogging)
    Walk up and down stairs holding weights (at school I use a wooden stepping box, at home I use the 2 stairs from my family room to my dining room)

Misc.:
    Swim a lot
    Run a lot from explosives
    Work my buns by sitting down on them for mutliple-hour reps while I work to shrink my eye nerves by strainuously watching tv
    Drink lots of water

3. korokian

korokian Well-Known Member

lol running isnt good if you want to build more muscles unless ur fat

4. korokian

i workout at school
    bench press, pec deck, situps with weights, leg presses

5. .scurenzio

.scurenzio Well-Known Member

Wtf?? Are you stupid?

Just think

How can being active, lift weights and have muscles stunt your growth?? your penis wont shrink either.

6. korokian

i heard i can stunt your growth if you're too young but i dont think thats scientifically possible

7. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Well-Known Member

Thats all a pack of lies.

I hav grown while doing this.

I go gym Mon-Fri and have a rest on the weekend. :D

8. eCstacy

eCstacy Member

do situps and run

9. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

For you people who want to get in shape, and build leg muscle etc.

Join your football team, it doesn't even matter if you play or not, you practice 5 days a week. Constant running. And after it's over. You go into offseason for the rest of the year. Where they give you a workout plan for a whole week, with options. If you do what they tell you, run hard during practice, and eat right (limit the sodas and candy.. ya i no its hard.. i used to suck coke and starbursts down almost daily.. well I stopped completely. Because they just turn into fat. ANd after each workout, drink a protein shake)

Im not going into each set, because mine are designed for baseball, and ya... but if you get bored of the same workout week after week, you can change the style of lift.

EX: Instead of doing a hang clean, you can do hang snatch, or whatever it's called.

10. .scurenzio

.scurenzio Well-Known Member

SODA IS EVIL

Do not DRINK IT AT ALL.

If you want to get in shape you need a great diet too.

I usually eat about 1000 calories 24 hours because I also need to loose some body fat so my abs look sexyer.

nd at whatever age you start you wont STUN your growth. I saw an 6 year old kid with 6 pack .

11. Ice Cube

Ergh, a 6 year old with a 6 pack?

That don't seem right but that example don't have anything to do with weights stunting your growth. ;)

12. .veto

.veto Well-Known Member

anyone who says lifting weights early cant hurt you is an idiot

This kid i know, his father is a football coach, huge guy with a huge chest, since like his son was 7 or 8 years old when started playing football, he's been weight training ever since...

this kid is like 5'5" now, strong as hell, but is short, looks weird, like his dad...

by age 13+ you should be fine, but any heavy lifting before that just isnt good...

13. Ice Cube

I started at 15. ;)

14. FLIP.

FLIP. Well-Known Member

i have a really high metabolism and i drink soda but it doesnt turn into fat since i dont drink alot of it. Also i am doing a test to see how dieting affects a workout, right now for the first month im eating normally then the next im eating healthier then ill check to see how much it helped.

15. korokian

i agree... just to be safe dont lift if your under 13... you might kill urself too
    like the dummy you are lol jk :D